If you are just testing the waters of freelance writers ocean, go ahead and wet your feet. But before you want to walk into the ocean knee deep, you better do the following:
* Read, read and read blogs and articles
* Visit and sign up in as many forums as possible and again start reading, replying to forum posts etc
* Engage yourself in social media sites
* Get in touch with a few successful probloggers (, you can communicate with me) and offer to write as a guest for their blogs
* Read articles in advertisement revenue sharing sites and start contributing
The idea behind all this is to familiarize yourself with the article writing field and also let others know that you too can write. Building a readership base initially is a wise step if you plan to become a freelance article writer.
There is money, big money for quality freelance writers.