Monday, March 22, 2010

How to earn money as a freelance writer?


Yes, it is difficult always to earn your first dollar as a freelance writer for the internet. But it is doable. You require experienced guidance to hold your hand through the step by step process.

Let me share my experience with you.

* I too started as a newbie like everyone. First, I read hundreds of articles on the subjects on which I though I could write.

* I noted down the names of freelance authors whose writing impressed me and whom I thought wrote better than me.

* I then typed their names in the search engines to look out for more of there articles.

* Then, I wrote the URLs on which their articles were published.

* I made meaningful comments on their articles and slowly developed my contacts. My comments also indicated my sincere appreciation.

* Then I emailed them to ask them if they can help me to earn money by article writing.

* I also wrote a few articles and showed them as samples of my writing skill.

* From there, I built up my name as a dependable freelance writer who always delivered the work in time.

* I joined several revenue sharing sites and submitted my articles and that started getting views. It finally attracted one or two companies that wanted my services as a content developer.

* I am still working for them and I never looked back.

* For those who are not that much lucky as I am, I suggest using online marketplaces and post your writing services. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get inquiries in the beginning. Persist with hope and confidence and you will see the rewards.

ps: I know of a few places that hire freelance writers Email me if interested.

Image source

2 comments:

  1. I am loving this post and all your post about freelance writing. I am still trying to get my break through in freelance writing. I recently received an invitation to co-author a book this summer! I am trying to get my name out there for freelance writing, so I am starting a company called Writers, ETC and I started this website at www.writersetc.webs.com. If you can please view the site it is a work in progress and I am still working on it and tell me what I can add to it. Also my blog is http://parentalrevelatiions.blogspot.com and tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thanks for your comment. I visited your site and blog. If I were you, I would publish my real name in 'About' section. If you are going to sell your services, prospective buyers would want to know your real name and address. You must publish them in the 'contact us' section.

    http://parentalrevelatiions.blogspot.com-please remove the extra (i) in the URL.

    You can always email me which is in my profile. Let us keep in touch and I am willing to help you get started as a freelance writer.

    Wishes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. It will be published after my approval.