Yes, it is difficult always to earn your first dollar as a freelance writer for the internet. But it is doable. You require experienced guidance to hold your hand through the step by step process.
Let me share my experience with you.
* I too started as a newbie like everyone. First, I read hundreds of articles on the subjects on which I though I could write.
* I noted down the names of freelance authors whose writing impressed me and whom I thought wrote better than me.
* I then typed their names in the search engines to look out for more of there articles.
* Then, I wrote the URLs on which their articles were published.
* I made meaningful comments on their articles and slowly developed my contacts. My comments also indicated my sincere appreciation.
* Then I emailed them to ask them if they can help me to earn money by article writing.
* I also wrote a few articles and showed them as samples of my writing skill.
* From there, I built up my name as a dependable freelance writer who always delivered the work in time.
* I joined several revenue sharing sites and submitted my articles and that started getting views. It finally attracted one or two companies that wanted my services as a content developer.
* I am still working for them and I never looked back.
* For those who are not that much lucky as I am, I suggest using online marketplaces and post your writing services. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get inquiries in the beginning. Persist with hope and confidence and you will see the rewards.
ps: I know of a few places that hire freelance writers Email me if interested.